THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Strut pout


My first pair of red heels. 3 or 4 inches too.

I've forgotten how wearing a high heels feels like- sexy, alive, I am woman- hear me roar...hmm...I prefer purrr...

After almost 3 years of sensible shoes..and sensible life (read: bland), I stumbled onto this scarlet purchase.

Here's how:

I got a surprise RM30 voucher from Padini (from HSBC credit card promotion). So, naturally I went to Vincci. Though I had swear them off my sensible shoe list, especially for my work, only leather, less than 2 inches, only Clarks, Lewre, Hush Puppies will do (Eh, I can't bear parting my good money on Fly-my-money-away-gamo yet lah).

At first, I only zoomed in on flatties, yes, you guess it, sensible shoes, basic shades, easy matching...and when the shoe I chose didn't come in my size. A light went off (no, not the store light). Why do I keep buying for my work outfit and have no decent going out garb that remind me the woman I was?
After that, I went MAD over my focus in searching for my long wished but never took action to buy killer red shoes!

I shortlisted a total of 8 pairs! Yes, 8 freaking pairs, coz my freaking shoe size of 9 makes it very very difficult for me.
Finally, I spotted this new arrival which was not my 1st choice...but it did came in my size, goddamnit!

I put it on, immediately gaining 3-4 inches, putting me at 5ft 7 or 8inches, yes...nice... very nice indeed.

Wore it the next night, every step I take makes me feel like I'm on my imaginary catwalk, my posture straighten up...ya know making what's supposed to protrude, well..protrude more..

Yesterday, I find myself craving to lay my hand on my next pair of 3.5 inches heels, maybe glittery? Definitely bright colours. Definitely shiny. Definitely sexy. Now, I understand what's the obsession with the women of Sex and The City with their sky high Manolos.

Strut pout, put it out, that's what you want from women ( Strut- Sheena Easton) http://www.lyrics.com/index.php/artists/lyric/sheena-easton-p-4159-lyrics-strut-t-3600019
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

CUMI & CIKI said...

i totally agree. i have couple of red shoes for when the vamp mood hits! haha;P

Mellie said...

Ciki: A couple?? I'm envious. :-D Argh, I must go shopping the kiamsiap way!

mimid3vils said...

Red shoe really outstanding!!!

Mellie said...

Mimi:Hi, tx for dropping by my blog. Hell yeah, I love me red shoes. Just hv to go out more often so I can wear it though. Can't wear it for work, which is all I do now. :-p

550ml jar of faith said...

Oooh... how nice to be able to get into the mood to pull off red heels! Whatever will you wear with it?

Mellie said...

550ml jar of faith: Jeans, though i can't fit into skinny jeans :-(. Simple dresses. I think anything goes, no? EXCEPT, shorts!