I have a new blog or shall I say, I've moved to a new blog.
Instead of random rantings, I will write more on my entreprenuership journey, the ups & downs, and a glimpse into the life of a start up entreprenuer.
Hope you'll find it as entertaining as it is inspiring! :D
See you there http://www.melindayeoh.com/
Monday, July 27, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Sure, you can listen to them on iPods and what not, but nothing beats expressing through playing the music yourself. I surprised myself that after ALL THESE YEARS, I finally see it, the Thank you to my mom for this gift.
With that, I'm just thinking, if we just consciously make it a habit to think of ONE thing to be thankful for each day, I'm sure we'll all be happier people.
It's darn easy to complain about the lack off, the should have, must have...what about opening your eyes to everything you have?
Make everyday a 1TQday for you :D
Saturday, June 20, 2009
THE SIGN OF THE TIGER
- Tigers do not find worth in power or money. (really??)
- They will be completely honest about how they feel and expect the same of you. (Yes, too honest for my own good sometimes) On the other hand, they seek approval from peers and family.
- Generally, because of their charming personalities Tigers are well liked. (ahem)
- Often, failing at a given task or being unproductive in his personal or professional life can cause a Tiger to experience a depression.(who won't?)
- Tigers are also incorrigibly competitive - they simply cannot pass up a challenge, especially when honor is at stake, or they are protecting those they love.
- Tigers are unpredictable and it would be unwise to underestimate their reactions. They may appear cool, but they have the Big Cat's instincts to pounce at a moment's warning. (be afraid)
- Natural leaders, they have a strong sense of their own dignity, and if they find themselves in the ranks, they can be stubborn and obstinate. In positions of power they can be difficult though stimulating bosses. Tigers are intelligent, alert, and farsighted. They have their fingers on the pulse.
- They must be aware of their slightly volatile tempers and short attention spans, and not let those characteristics get the best of them or cause them or their loved ones undue pain. (slightly??!!!)
- The Cancerian Tiger is a romantic individual who is sensitive and tenderhearted. This character needs a loving, honest relationship to thrive. (awwwwwwwww.....)
Curious to check out your Chinese Horoscope?
I found it here
Here I am, sitting beside Glos- what, the youngest blogger in Malaysia, started age 10, now he's 11, over 100 visitors/ day. Everybody now, WOW!
Rames http://rames.blogspot.com/ & Smashpop http://www.smashpop.net/
I was busy typing, and missed out some parts of their sharing, but boy, did I not missed out that JUMP!
Josh http://josh.my/- Well, Josh is his typical self. Talkative, confident, and well, talking about chicks.
Two beauuuutiful chicks- Amanda http://www.theoppositeofchocolate.com/, & Ellie Chee http://www.missycheerio.com/- Open access..the dangers of the internet. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the picture of the pervert who flashed her in MSN!
But the most beautiful chick of all today for me is...
I'll be back next year! Hopefully with tons of improvement on da blog.
Posted by Mellie at 1:26 PM
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Today, I saw a posting on FaceBook of a friend- commenting her shock to learned about a friend of hers passing on...
And time and again, it reminded me (must be my age thing that mellowed me) about these:
remind self to be happy, things can't be that bad, stop your broken-down-record complains,
ditch the job you hate, find the job you believe in and wake up looking forward to doing it,
eat the food (in moderation) when you want to, drink if you want...
Life on earth is only temporary, and the big guy up there never ever guarantees a ripe old age of 75 to anyone...
despite our own perceived procrastination to LIVE LIFE LATER as we think tomorrow will always come.
Count your blessings for every passing day, be thankful.
Last note: Always tell the people you love...well, that you love them,
when they leave the house, when they call, hug them more. Forgive people.
We never know when it will be the last time to do so.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Decided not to work today, but failed; Gah! The lure!
It's crazy, today is Momsie Day after all, a day of supposedly NO grocery shopping, NO laundry, NO work, and in my own glorious plan:
Only these pleasures are allowed, mani, pedi, massage, wine, girl-friends, chocolates cakes, and more wine.
Alas, thru nobody's fault but of my own, I have done all of the NOs above, and none of my eeeeeevil plan.
Luckily it's now 1.44pm, husband is out with daughter for lunch, I opted out, YES! YES! YES!
Later, I'm gonna prop up my feet, with a glass (ok, maybe 2...or three :p) of chilled white, and enjoy a movie I spotted (Monster- In-Law, now THAT's a movie to watch on Mom's Day) on the TV guide! TV2, I will pay you a visit after years of neglect!
Maybe I'll tinkle on the piano for a bit, another casualty of my so-called hectic modern life.
Now, all I need to do now is pray that they will have a really nice, and lonnnnnnnnng lunch, and I have a few blissful hours all by myself on a lazy Momsie Sunday afternoon...
And look forward to a big family dinner at night.
To all the Mom's out there, you have the craziest job in the world that not even a Nazi would dare to undertake, SALUTE! Enjoy YOURself tremendously today, this is our day...
Happy Mom's Day!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
First bite, SALTY! Heavily laced with MSG, pungent with garlic smell. Stew yee mee = out!
My lunch buddy's Tom Yam is not any better, repeat the above, minus the garlic. Tom Yam soup koay teow = out!
Side dish- four angle beans with ikan billis. Repeat the above, plus rubbery fishy ikan bilis. Vege= out!
Both of us left, angry over wasted calories, and paying good money on bad food again.
I left with an even more pounding headache after being poisoned by a month full of MSG quota!
Posted by Mellie at 4:36 PM